There are health risks when the weather is too hot.
The problems associated with a heatwave are dehydration, overheating, exhaustion and heatstroke.
Here are tips on how to cool down on sweltering days:
- Drink plenty of water to prevent dehydration
- Avoid alcohol and caffeine
- Wear loose, light-coloured cotton clothing
- Avoid strenuous activity during the hottest part of the day
- Take lukewarm baths or showers
- Eat small amounts of food throughout the day
- Put your wrists under cool water for a few minutes
- Use fans or air conditioners to cool your home